At The Hospital

Sometimes when you have Erb's Palsy you have to go to the hospital to see different people who will help you. The people you might see are a Consultant, a Physiotherapist or an Occupational Therapist.

The Consultant is the person who likes to see how well you can move your arm since the last appointment. If you have to have an operation the Consultant is the person who will do the operation, or one of the people on his team.

The Physiotherapist (or physio) is the person who will help you with your exercises and will find fun and exciting ways to stretch your arm to stop it from becoming stiff.

The Occupational Therapist (or OT) helps you manage things like eating and getting dressed. Sometimes they might give you some special equipment to help like special knives and forks.


All of these people want to help you and work with children a lot, so don't be afraid to ask them any questions you might have!